Protocols for returning to in-person worship
Protocol to follow until further notice.
*Please read carefully and completely. Thank you!
*WHAT TO EXPECT FOR IN-SERVICE WORSHIP AT NEW BEGINNINGS STARTING JUNE 28, 2020.
1. Everyone will be required to wear a mask, covering the nose and mouth, to enter the building. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided upon entering. You may enter the building at the south carport entrance or the west glass doors off the foyer.
2. Greeters will open the doors for all to enter.
3. There will be no shaking of hands or greetings of hugs. (Please do not offer someone your hand or reach for a hug. They will feel obligated and awkward refusing.)
4. Hand sanitizer will be located at the entrances and throughout the building.
5. All restrooms in the Worship Center will be thoroughly sanitized and now are equipped with touchless amenities.
6. Practice 6 foot social distancing at all times. Families that live together can sit together. If the Worship Center reaches capacity, there will be seating available in the foyer with the same guidelines. The service is simulcast into the foyer.
7. Once you are seated, you may remove your mask. Masks must be worn at all times when you are standing.
8. There will be no nursery through 12th grade ministries during either Sunday morning service.
9. First service can be seated in odd number rows – 1,3,5,7 etc. Second service can be seated in even number rows – 2,4,6,8 etc. (They will be numbered.)
10. Offering may be given on your way out of the Worship Center doors, on-line through our secure portal at nbcog.net with a one time or recurring gift, or by texting the word “GIVE” on your cell phone to 217.600.2616.
11. There will be no program or written materials. Announcements will be on all screens, on our website: nbcog.net, or available through our weekly e-news. You can register for e-news on our website main page.
12. Dismissal will happen by rows to avoid congestion.
13. There will be no refreshments served in the Fellowship Hall and the west end of the building will be inaccessible.
*WHEN SHOULD I STAY HOME…
If any of the following apply to you, we ask, for the safety of all, that you please stay home until your situation has improved:
1. You have had a fever in the past 24 hours.
2. If you have been around someone who has recently been tested for COVID-19 and their test results have not come back negative.
3. If you have a persistent cough or cold-like symptoms that haven’t been diagnosed by a physician.
1. Research shows that people who are 65 and wiser are more likely to have serious complications if they get COVID-19. People with chronic conditions such as heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, are also more at risk for severe cases of COVID-19.
2. Public health experts at the CDC state: “If you are at a higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra –important for you to take actions to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease.”
3. While we will do everything possible to make New Beginnings a safe environment by implementing the aforementioned protocol, we ask you to consider your overall health before deciding to join us at this time. As your church family, we miss you and love you, but your health and safety is our greatest concern, as I am sure it is yours. If you choose to stay home for a few more weeks, and we can pray for you, you can send your request through the Contact page on our website: nbcog.net, or call the church office at 217.875.0696 and leave a message on extension 106. We will pray for your wellbeing and safe return.
*FOR THE SAFETY OF OTHERS…
Federal, state and local health officials are helping to direct us as we implement our protocol at this time. It is imperative for everyone’s safety and welfare that we follow their recommendations closely in regards to corporate worship. Therefore, if you are unwilling to follow this protocol, we ask that you return only when you are willing, or when the protocol changes. Until such a time, you may listen to sermons online. In order to ensure everyone’s safety, the aforementioned procedures are not up for debate and they will be followed to the letter. No exceptions. We understand some of you may not agree with our position on this matter. We still love you and consider you a part of our family, even when we disagree. For the sake of everyone we must come down on the side of caution. We hope everyone will understand and work together as we resume in-person worship services.
*Please be in prayer for the Pastors and leaders here at New Beginnings as we strive to make our worship experience meaningful and life-changing in the midst of this pandemic. You will be notified with any updates by way of e-news or you may check our website for updates.
See you soon…